Friday, October 15, 2010

NEW YORK ON MY MIND...

What a surprise! Yes, I'm thinking about NYC again. And, that's only because I really need a job. A REAL job. This week got me thinking. Yes, I have a master's degree and 2 undergraduate degrees. Yes, I am sitting here buying toys for rabbits. Where did it all go so wrong?

It's not the only reason I'm thinking about NYC. I was planning to go out there next month...as a sort of pre-trip to my vacation. Just a couple of days to meet up with some good friends who are swinging through for work and a little bit of play. The usual. My old, fun crew. But, this time around, I will not be there to entertain. And, it kind of irks me.

My best friends will be there. My close friends from out of town will be there (and, I hardly ever see them because they live across the pond). Also likely there: that guy from previous posts. Yes, the same one. And, that is fine. But, I have no desire to meet his new flavor of the month, so to speak.

That's right. I have no desire to meet the new flavor. Ever. From what I've heard, she's just some plain jane strange "character." Nothing to be jealous about from what I can tell. But, I just don't want it all dangled in front of my face. There's no need. Really. Why would I want to meet the chick who he says, is "jealous" of me? And truthfully, I'm just not that "big" to be able to face the situation head-on. Hey, I'm only human.

What makes me mad is that SHE is the stranger in the bunch. Why do I have to be the one tortured though? (Although, my friends will likely be the ones tortured, since they are loyal to me. Sorry guys!) Everyone will be all nicey, nicey. But, I'm sure they could care less about her. And, they're not exactly keen on my former flame either given his behavior toward me this year. Understandable, considering it has been appalling. I wouldn't want to get stiffed with another $150 bill now, would I?

"Did you fall in love with a dumb blonde?" That's the question I was asked by a friend this week. Ahem, yes...well...not sure how to answer that one. Well...he says one thing and does something else. He keeps telling me he loves California, misses California and doesn't want to leave and then, keeps going back to NY. And, surfing on the east coast? Well yes...his actions are a bit ass-backwards. What he says and what he does, just don't jive. They never have.

So, I'm mad. Yes. Well, more SAD that I will not be able to see my foreign friends. But, at least I'll be back in NYC soon enough. A few days in December and a few days in January...maybe longer...

And, perhaps I will be able to see them when I cross the pond...very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment