Monday, November 9, 2009

THE HUNT IS OVER

Yes, it's finally over.

I found a place and I'm officially a "Valley Girl." The apartment is a decent size (well, in comparison to NY-style). The location is great (right at the 405 and the 101). And, it's all starting to come together.

I've been in the worst of moods. Driving here, driving there, trying to find a place with a decent price...with all of the amenities that I need. And now, I can say "home sweet home." It's a huge relief and I can just feel the stress melting away.

After I signed the lease, it was a run to one furniture store and then, another. And get this -- I actually had to BUY a fridge...ummmm, that's a first for me considering I'm renting! Back east, you actually get a fridge with an apartment. Nope. Not in LA. And -- the best purchase? My giant bed -- the California King. I'm a huge sprawler and I sure am taking advantage of it.

A month of shopping (and if anyone really knows me --it was pure torture). But, it's over and now I have most of my furniture. Just putting together all of the odds and ends. Oh, and I'm totally broke, but I'm happy to finally be settling in two months after my big move. Now...if only I could figure out my TV remote.

But, at least I have cable. Hallelujah! That's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment