Sunday, November 29, 2009

LOVING LA

The longer I am here, the more I love LA.
The more I explore, the more I love it.

I have a new perspective. I spent a glorious weekend driving a friend around town and it turns out that I'm learning more and more about this amazing city. There is so much to do and the older I get, the more I appreciate it.

We drove up and down hills, to parks and beyond. The Griffith Observatory, Los Feliz, Silverlake, the Huntington Library...I haven't been to these places since I was a kid. So nice to re-explore and there's so much more.

Today, I spent an amazing day with B.W. down by the beach in Palos Verdes. Could life get any better? I think not. I'm learning to appreciate things...things that I did not appreciate when I lived here before.

Back to the original out-of-town friend. This friend doesn't live in LA, but nearby and he is thinking of moving back home...far away....to a city that's not that great. In fact, he lives in a town that's so much better than LA. right now. He's got an amazing home in a beautiful town. Nobody in their right mind would ever want to leave. Personally, I think he's trying to escape. From what? Not sure. It's such a shame though because I've just recently realized there's no better place in the world to live than here in Southern California. Either he's escaping or he's chasing something that may end badly. But, I can talk until I'm blue in the face. I've told him all of this and apparently, he'll never see the L.A. and socal that I see.

He's blind. Not literally, but figuratively in so many ways. It's sad and it makes me sad. For many reasons. Will he ever be able to see clearly again? One can only hope. In the end, I just want him to be happy. So if happiness is somewhere, I hope he finds it. Maybe some day he'll be able to see what I've learned to appreciate. Or not. Time will tell. He's in such a unique position. And honestly, if I were in his position, I would definitely travel a bit. But, I need a job to pay the bills unfortunately. So, in the meantime...until I hit it big...I've got to take what I've got. And that's LA for now. Doesn't mean I'll be here forever, but it's in the cards for me right now.

I'm excited to explore more. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment