Sunday, November 29, 2009

RECONNECTING

There's something about being in a new place and reconnecting with old faces.

It's something I'm really excited about. Not just because a lot of my friends no longer live in L.A., but because it's nice to get to know someone all over again.

This weekend I connected with L.M and L.L (as I know them) and their beautiful families. And you know what? It feels like no time has passed at all. It's those old connections that will stay the same forever. Yes, they have kids now. L.M has 3 and L.L has 2. But, I could still talk to them and be comfortable with them just like it was yesterday. I've known one of them since I was born and the other one since I was about 5 years old. And, it's been more than 10 years since we've talked or seen each other. But, it was just like it was back when we were kids.

I ran into another family friend at a super market the other week and we ended up catching up at the store for about an hour. And, I ran into another very fun friend who I literally hadn't seen in 20 years!

Facebook now makes it so much easier to connect and re-connect...but, getting together in person is something different altogether. And, I must say...I like it! Hoping to see more of these faces from my past. I see fun times in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment