Thursday, March 25, 2010

NY CALLING...

Today...I must admit...I am really missing New York City. And, there's one and only one reason right this second...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NP!!!

Sorry for the midnight call tonight, but I wanted to be the first one to wish you a happy birthday! It's the first one in 7 years that I haven't spent with you. And now I'm crying like you did that day last summer when you packed me into my cab before I left for Europe.

I'm trying to think of all your birthday celebrations over the years. I can't remember them all (oh, except for the fact that they all lasted like a week to one month). Only you! Last year's Vegas was the big one! I think the year before that, I took you to Blue Ribbon. Yes! And, I wasn't drinking. That's right. Oh, THAT year sucked. And then, do you remember the year we discovered Kittichai? I have not been the same, ever since. That may have to be a lunch when I come to visit. So many memories at that place. Wow! I'm sure there was one year in there that we were undoubtedly working. Ayayay!

I wish I could be there with you this year to celebrate. But, I think we're going to have to change this mini-off-the-track trend. I plan to spend the next one with you no matter where we end up in the world!

I will be toasting to you tomorrow night and know that I'm there in NYC in spirit! If I could transport myself for 1 night, I totally would. But, I'm sure my LA friends (many of whom are all your friends too now) will toast a couple of cocktails -- and we'll make it a bubbly -- in your honor.

Was there a Tao or Sushi Samba dinner too? Well, who knows...we may very well end up in the same city again next year. LA, NY, Rome or wherever else fate takes us. We shall see...

Happy Fucking Birthday!
It's t-minus 2 1/2 weeks until we really party it up!
oh...and a present to come...hopefully, soon...
(and no, it's not in the form of a "do the mexican")...
my little maria...
But, I'll make sure to bring the tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment