Saturday, September 12, 2009

GO TROJANS!

It's just not the same....watching your college football team on the east coast vs the west coast.
Well...specifically--I'm talking about MY football team. Go Trojans!

USC is really the best of the best. They've been up there in the ranks for a long time (minus those 4 really bad years when I actually went to school there). But, my point is...it's so much more exciting to be in California when it's college football season. I mean, everyone is walking around (or driving) around town wearing USC shirts, greeting others with a "fight on" victory sign. If you're a Trojan here...you are proud and you let everyone know it. And, if the game isn't at home, chances are you'll be watching it at some bar with lots of other fellow Trojans.

Not the case in NYC. There's one USC bar where all the alumns hang out. It's a pretty nice one. But, it's just not the same vibe as in Socal. Nobody is walking around the city wearing their USC shirts. There just aren't that many 'SC fans in NYC. There are so many more Texas fans on the east coast. Go figure! And, the worst part about it is that I have to drag my non-USC friends -- who could care less -- to my USC bar. And they were always nice enough to do it. (Thanks BK)! On a side note, BK appreciates college ball because she's a Texas fan. Figures. So, we always tried to do an even trade...one game we'd go to the USC bar, another game we'd go to the Texas bar. And to be honest...the Texas bar was always a hell of a lot more fun.

Today USC plays Ohio State. Not a home game. But, still...it makes me happy to be home and to be able to hang out with my fellow Trojans. Beers and BBQ...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment