Monday, September 7, 2009

SAN DIEGO IS HEAVEN

Just got back from a quickie down to the San Diego area. I forgot how amazing it really is.

I mean, the people are friendly, the weather is perfect, it's right by the beach. The ideal California town. Actually, one of my favorite towns in the state.

Does it compare to anything I've seen in NY? A definitive answer: NO.

NY will never have anything like it. In fact, I'm pretty sure a bunch of NYers (given the opportunity) would move to San Diego. Let me back up. There are still a lot of people who would not move there. I'm talking about the bright lights, big city types. And, while I've got California running through my veins, I can completely understand that.

I mean, what would I actually DO in San Diego? I could work for a local news station. Sure. I bet I could work for some random production company. Check. There's always the PR route. But, it's just not the bustling business community that the big-city types are looking for.

That said -- I'm pretty sure I could get used to the lifestyle very quickly.

I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time. And, it was only a 24 hour stint down south. In my perfect world...I would move down there and start up my own business. A winery would be my top choice. Or, a little wine bar. A bed and breakfast maybe. An events business. Whatever.

But, right now....I've got to get back to reality. And, maybe someday....moving down there could end up being a reality. And, if I get a little bored in that laid-back town...the Big Apple is just a 5 hour jaunt away. A quick fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment