Friday, September 4, 2009

TAKING THE TOP DOWN

FINALLY!
I see blue sky!

My circle gets it...either because they live in LA or because they live TV news. So, they know that the smoldering hills all over LA are burning. That means, I haven't seen blue sky pretty much since I got here. It's been an ashy, gray, drab looking sky. And, it's been smelling pretty putrid.

But, today...it's one of the first clear, blue days. Yipee! So, after work today...I decided it was time to take the top down! On my new car!!!!!

Ok. I love my new car. I mean--it's a serious love affair. Right now, this car is the number 1 in my life, before any man. For now. It's cute, it's small, it's fast and I just look so darn cute in it! (Not to toot my own horn. Hehe. Sorry. Could not help myself).

I mean, I have always loved cars. I thought I would die when I had to give mine up to move across the country. But, then....I loved that I didn't have to worry about a car. And, I fell in love with subways and public transportation.

So, when I moved back...I freaked that I would have to get a new one. And, I had a nice one before...but, I gave it to my mom. Wasn't about to become an Indian giver at my age! But, get this -- I got lucky (long story) and I got an even NICER one.

Cars. It's like an accessory in LA. Kind of like purses in NYC. People spend an exorbitant amount of money on them and those same people sometimes end up living in a shack. Cars in LA sort of define you. Personally, it's just a way to get from point A to point B. But, it's a talker. Like in NYC...people always ask, "What do you do?" Here , they say: "What do you drive?"

And, some of the superficials in LA define their dates by what the guy is driving. THAT is just plain stupid. But, I can't explain it. It's just what some people do. Unfortunately.

I digress. I've always had a passion for cars. That's why I worked for this PR company right out of college. Our clients were Ford, Kia, Aston Martin, etc. Dream job! And, we did motorsports PR too. Talk about getting a high. I forgot how much I loved cars until I got my newbie. I also forgot how much I love to drive. So, when it comes to cars --this is my town!

Oh, did I mention that my new love is a convertible? Blue sky plus convertible equals taking the top down.

Gotta run. B.W. and I are tearing it up tonight in Long Beach. Not NY. But, Long Beach, CA.
Tootles.


No comments:

Post a Comment