Monday, September 14, 2009

"I JUST WANT TO PUSH HER INTO THE CROWD"

Ok...that was my friend talking (no names today).

We went to this show last night at the infamous Troubador last night. It was for Adrien Grenier's band (yes, that's Vince on Entourage). And I must say -- I was pleasantly surprised by his musical skills. The band was great and he was just the drummer in the back.

Anyways, this gorgeous creature/model type pushes her way toward us at the bar. I mean, this girl is not even real. Tall, thin, beautiful face -- just totally incredible looking. Probably Swedish or something, but definiely not American. You just can't stop staring and she stands out like a sore thumb. You know the type. Every guy and girl is staring at this pretty thing. Then, my friend looks at me and says: "I'm never eating again." I say: "It won't help. You'll never be that tall even if you don't eat. So, you might as well eat." Friend: "I just want to push her into the crowd." Fighting words.

I'm sure all the women at the club had a similar reaction, just looking at this girl. She was just too pretty. And, that's pretty much what you get in LA. Pretty, a little fake, totally into themselves and just doesn't speak. (She kept pulling out her compact to check herself out...really?) She was just -- not real. This is the one thing I do NOT miss about LA. The Hollywoosd scene --I can take that. The fake thing -- it makes me want to take the next plane back to NYC.

I mean, all these guys are dying to come talk to this girl. But, she won't have it. She towers over all of them anyway. (Like NY, LA is full of short men. Sigh).

Next thing I know...she's being hauled out of the club because she doesn't have a wristband. Figures. A young one. Then, another friend comes to meet us. We start talking about the pretty girl and this friend says: "Oh, yah...I saw her at the door. She's a total bitch."

Hmmm. Beautiful girl. But, like many in LA...full of themselves and this gorgeous one was a total bitch. I guess you just can't have it all.

So, my friend (no name) -- keep on eating and be happy that you're REAL --not just another pretty face in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment